Saturday 15 January 2011

Rain

Rain in the forest, it's lovely - if it's not very heavy you don't get soaked but just get the rain drifting down through the trees. I spent today in he empty woods with wet rain on my face but the rest of me wrapped up warm and dry. It's a special feeling being there in the rain - feels more elemental somehow. I sometimes fantasise about running naked through the rain though not at this time of year. But even in the summer I'd be too shy to do it. Even if I knew no-one else was about.

I'm feeling good about having this place to say things like this. Whether anyone else sees it or not.

5 comments:

  1. I love woodland - have an ongoing love affair with trees in general :) I love that smell of damp earth after the rain that you find in the woods.

    I see a few familiar blogs on your following list - are you on the caer feddwyd forum?

    As to gardening, I can't claim to be an expert (be nice if I could though lol!)
    Hmm, your profile says UK. I have quite a lot of seeds (ahem!) If you email me ( elphie[at]vodafoneemail[dot]co[dot]uk )I'd be more than happy to post you a selection so you can try a few things out without paying a fortune in seeds, then you can get a feel for the sort of things you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nellie
    I'll send you an e-mail.

    Yes that smell of damp earth is lovely, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too am a lover of trees...yes, I'm a tree hugger. I love the solid, grounding feeling that embracing a tree offers. And, I, too love that damp, musty, Earth smell after it rains. The smell of rain in the air before the storm is intoxicating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Green Man isn't it just a beautiful scent. Better than any perfume.

    ReplyDelete