Saturday 5 February 2011

Wind and Rain

A change in the weather. Warmer but very windy. The trees all swaying and creaking in the wind. I sat in the wood and let the sounds and the gusts of wind crash all around me.

All the dry brown leaves on the floor rustled in the wind around my feet buried deep in a drift of them. Sitting out among the trees I feel close to the weather and feel good about sharing it with the trees. Then the rain came in on the winds driving through the trees.

I sat wrapped in my waterproof coat with the hood up over my head. I felt like I was a wild creature in a shell or in a den with the wind and the rain up against it. But for me this is the place to be, with the wind's song  in the woods.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. My favorite place to spend quiet time is deep in the woods - listening to the trees!

    ReplyDelete