Saturday 6 December 2014

Invisibility






I want to be invisible. I want to go to the woods and be like a tree. So no-one can see me. Then I would be safe from people. There are other dangers I know. But I don't mind risking those. So I've been working on a spell of invisibility. So I can go out to the woods and dissolve into them and not be seen by other people.

I don't want to share the spell here, for that might make it not work. But I know I have to share some things and I don't think all other people are bad. So I come on here from time to time to be 'public', or visit other people's pages to see what they are doing. Here I'm not invisible but I'm in control of what I reveal and I feel that I can expose things safely. When I meet people face-to-face I am like that, always keeping  my secrets and staying safe. But also always looking for others  I might feel safe sharing secrets with. ......

So I went to the woods and I did the spell and sat near the path as still as a tree trying to be like an invisible dryad. Some people passed and ignored me. They receded and the wood spirits came closer. What I could see changed. I thought what other people saw of me also changed. I thought the spell worked. Then some more people came, a family with young children. A boy with a stick ran off the path towards me. I looked at him and he looked at me. Then he ran off. I think he saw me, but I wonder what he thought he had seen.

2 comments:

  1. Intriguing!

    I'm reminded about the story of Aleister Crowley who apparently walked around the Cafe Royal in London wearing a wizard's cloak and hat covered in moons and stars without anyone noticing him, claiming that he had made himself invisible.

    Invisibility in the way you have attempted it presumably means more in terms of becoming something 'other' rather than than actually disappearing from the everyday world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Aleister C.
    I don't think I could make myself invisible in that way or in that place. It sounds like a trick.
    Yes it's more like melting into the woods so you are a part of them and not noticed by others. But it is 'disappearing' or being somewhere else than the place the other people walking through are in.

    ReplyDelete