Monday 22 December 2014

Dark Moon Solstice



Usually I acknowledge the Winter Solstice by lighting a red candle at sunset that will burn through the night. Last night I needed to do something different because I also regularly acknowledge the Dark Moon and the two came together this year.

So instead of lighting a candle at sunset I waited until after midnight when the Solstice time had passed then turned off all lights and sat in the darkness for a long meditation on this dark time. Only after the time of the New Moon had also passed did I light a white candle and I waited until morning before lighting the red candle for the returning Sun.

I feel this is time for a new beginning and await guidance on where my path will take me and what the returning light will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment