Monday 11 June 2012

Visions

 *


Thinking about Zero: the Fool, the Wanderer. Starting from nowhere on a voyage of discovery. Putting aside cards, books, images, and putting my mind into dream time, sliding across the edges of this world, this time, turning the deck of cards in the mind's eye, the eye that sees across the borders of the conscious world, the conscious time. Already the cards are peeling themselves off the envisioned deck, I walk the path of the Sorceror, the Shaman, the path where light is a soft glow at a narrow point before me and all around is dusky. The glow widens, another realm of misty colours opens up before me. Now I am the Visionary, the Seer, the Prophet. What do I see? The view clears to pastel green and pales further to clear light.

My dreams are laid out before me: each one from the notebook where I write them each morning, coming alive, resolved, what was puzzling and hazy coming into a different focus. I see things people, places as locations I can visit, anytime, for refuge, or for advice or just to be somewhere else for a while. That recurring place that came time and again into my dreams. Now I can find it. Now I know what and where it is. The ways are open for me. The strangeness still strange but not scary.

Unfinished business, but I can come again, knowing the way, but only when the gates are open. Until I am trusted with the key, which may be soon .....

3 comments:

  1. I notice you list 'automatic writing' as a label. Is this how you wrote the post? I read Austin Osman Spare on this a while back.

    Some good visionary stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of being able to find the place that comes to me in recurring dreams... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heron - I've found that keeping a pen and notepad by me often results in 'inspired scribble' either leading into or straight after a meditation or visionary session. The post was an 'edited' version of this. I don't know Spare - I'll look it up.

    NP: Yes, I keep visiting the same place and had dreamed it the previous night too so that's maybe why it came to me. The significance of it came to me in a way that it never has before.
    Using 'mental' tarot images rather than looking at actual cards started me off on this meditation by the way.

    ReplyDelete