Thursday 24 May 2012

Tarot




I've been taking some time to absorb the images of the Tarot pack. At the moment I'm using them for meditation. My spirit journeys have been getting more powerful and I'm getting better at spending time and finding my way.

But sometimes it seems necessary to have a fixed image or a point of focus to explore. This is a different sort of experience, and the results  seem to take me deeper into myself rather than out into other worlds.

Looking at different tarot packs is instructive. I'm coming to the conclusion that ony by designing my own (though I'm not a good artist) or collecting images that have the right resonances and making up cards from them, will I get a really useful pack for meditation purposes.

The images other people have put together are interesting and helpful, and I think it pays to refer to more than one pack when studying the Tarot. But for personal use, this would be confusing. So getting a pack together that is just right and works for me is going to be a long-term project.

A witch's work is a never-ending quest. So be it.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are right about this. The Tarot images must resonate and creating your own pack is one way to make sure that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that different images resonate for me at different times. As for my own quest for images that seem just right, my tarot collection is in the hundreds! I guess making your own would be more effective, but only if you can make something that matches your imagination... Good luck, and I hope you'll let us know how it goes - sneak peeks would be appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for yr comments.
    Will keep you infomed NP ;)

    ReplyDelete