Friday 16 March 2012

God of the Mist





There have been so many misty days lately, so many times when all the woods and hillsides are covered in white haze like clouds. And so the God of the Mist has made himself a presence in the valley where there is always a bit of mist along the river early in the morning.

I went there and he surprised me – whispered to me – not in words but with wispy misty thoughts giving me a shiver. Now I know him. He has touched me. Should I call him by a name? I don’t know. No name I can think of suits him. I don’t think he answers to words at all. Just shivers and shudders and dampness on the skin. He just drifts, yet he feels like a shape rather than shapeless. But dense, something that’s not seethrough but opaque. Like he doesn’t want an identity. Just to drift and be a veil over other things making them mysterious and shapeless like him.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe identity is unneccessary for interactions in this case as these interactions are more based on intuitive emotional exchange? Only humanity demands identification through labelling, there are other ways to identify without the need for words or names.

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Red Raven is right: if he doesn't want that sort of identity you shouldn't try to impose it upon him. If you know him as you indicate, that is probably enough. If there is more to know, and you continue to meet him, then you'll know that too. Sometimes such experiences lay buried for a time until you suddenly get a further revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe you already have a name for him, it just isn't a word. It sounds like His name to you is a feeling. You know Him by the feeling rather than by a word, which is more intimate is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments.

    It's good to have others say what you know, deep down. What you say about his name being a feeling Nellie is just right.

    ReplyDelete