Sunday 25 March 2012

Belonging

Wood Sorrel and Celandines in the lane today

A warm spring day with wood sorrel and celandines all along the banks. Yesterday evening I went out into the garden and sat on the little rickety bench until it was dark. I was looking towards the west and when it got dark I saw the slim crescent of the Moon setting and in a line above were the planets Jupiter and Venus, with Venus really bright and quite high in the sky.

It was magical. Then I had a sudden very strong feeling of belonging. Like I’d just found my place in the Universe. I was overwhelmed. Everything seemed so still and close like it was holding me, keeping me where I should be in relation to everything else. I’ve had feelings like this before, but this was so intense, yet also so peaceful and calming, so I felt that everything is in its right place and I was … I’m searching for the right word here, ‘serene’, ‘calm’, ‘blissful’, ‘contained’ are all words that get near it, but not quite there.

For me, being on this earth at this time, and living simply as I do, is just right. I know it’s not the same for everyone, and hasn’t been for me at times, but if I can just hold onto this, whether I’m ‘happy’ or ‘unhappy’ at any time won’t matter. Because I’m contained within this feeling of belonging.

3 comments:

  1. Take strength from your new found connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sort of experiences (best regarded as epiphanies) are the things that sustain you spiritually for years to come. They are so powerful - as you indicate - that they are not to be had too often. Cherish this, and thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Lovely blog ~ I'm now following ~ ♥♥
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete