Tuesday 21 June 2011

A Tear for Midsummer



Among the trees on the Longest Day. The idea is that it should be warm and sunny. The reality is that it is raining. But everything is so green as I stand underneath the dripping leaves. I am totally immersed in the reality rather than the idea. A tear runs down my cheek. I could think of it as symbolic of the rain falling. This is a nice idea. But the reality is that this is a tear of empathy. Not sad. Not disappointed. Shedding a tear because that is my response to the rain falling and dripping down off the leaves. I feel the tear and the rain together on my face as a blessing and a joy. I feel part of this green place, a northern rain forest where the greenness glows in the grey light under the open canopy and darkens in the shadier places where the roof of leaves is thicker. In the grey light of a rainy evening in the mid of Summer I am in the enchantment of an other world. This is not an idea. It is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment