Wednesday 8 June 2011

Re-visiting my Newly Discovered Place

Have been back to the woodland I found for a longer exploration (I love these late evenings as we move towards the Midsummer Solstice).

Here's one of the paths running down to the valley bottom:


And here's an old hollow lime tree:


The valley bottom with a wide stream running along it really is the most atmospheric place - full of dark shady groves, lighter flowery dells and a real sense of depth not just in the number of trees but the very presence of the place. Much more than a collection of trees this really feels like an archetypal forest.


'll leave this post with another pic from my first visit of some foxgloves from a bit higher up where the canopy is more open. This area has a different quality. There is more light and there are more flowers. It is also 'lighter' in atmosphere. But wonderful too in its own way.


I could dance naked in these glades if I dared. But it is a public place :O

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these pictures. I love dark shady groves and forests...they certainly do have a presence about them.

    I bet there's fairies inside those foxglove bells. :)

    ReplyDelete